Thursday, June 4, 2015

Wine, Weddings, Custom Orders and More Wine

Once again I have been challenged by a wonderful new customer! 

She wanted a couple of personalized wine tags similar to this one she found in my Etsy shop.

She wanted one personalized with a last name, no problem there. 
Here is the finished product.

Then she asks if I can do coordinates on a wine tag? 
BUT, she doesn't want a rifle casing like this listing...

She wants the coordinates on a knife handle. 

Pssst, here comes the challenge. I was about to tell her one doesn't have the room for that on a knife handle... 

Perhaps it was because I was drinking wine but I told her I would make it work somehow. I must confess I had no idea what I was going to do. None.

I looked through about 293 vintage knives and nada, zip, nothing.
I was coming close to a panic. Think! Frankly I needed a glass of wine about this time. After the first glass I was feeling better and it came to me I should look through my butter knife stash.
Vino' viola! I found a Rogers Bros. circa 1904 "Vintage" pattern master butter knife that was perfection.

In Vino Veritas




No comments:

Post a Comment