Thursday, August 21, 2014

Carpe Diem or Etched Bullet Shells~

When the cat’s away the mice will play. So the saying goes.

JD is in Wyoming building a custom garage for his friend who moved there last month. He’ll be gone about 5 weeks. I have wanted to try some new techniques and designs but never seem to have the time…


Carpe Diem! This week I seized a day or two and tried etching some brass bullet shells. I have wanted to do this for so long. Since I was trying it out for the first time and was uncertain of how they may come out I have to say I kind of scribbled on them, threw them in the solution and crossed my fingers.


Surprise to me! They didn't come out too bad for a first batch! 

~Hot off the press ~ Focal beads~


~These will be earrings when finished~



Birthday gift for a friend ~ Happy Birthday Kika!


~Inspired by The Secret Life of Bees~


Happy creating~

No comments:

Post a Comment