Monday, July 28, 2014

Smoked Figs with Honey, Feta & Balsamic

Figs, food of the gods. Ambrosia~

I picked the first figs of the season yesterday. Sadly, the birds had feasted on as many as I got.



Since we were firing up the smoker for some chicken I decided to try this recipe that I usually roast in the oven on the smoker. They only need about 10 - 12 minutes and it added a very subtle smokey flavor which I really enjoyed! When the temperature is in the mid 90's who wants to turn the oven on anyway?


Rinse figs with cold water and slice into halves. Drizzle honey over the figs, add a little feta cheese to the center, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with fresh ground pepper.

All of this is to taste, a light sprinkle of salt is good too. Place on a baking tray. Transport to grill or smoker preheated to 350°. Cook figs for 10 -12 minutes~

Enjoy!

Fast, fresh, delicious~ 







No comments:

Post a Comment